Please Click to Download Copy:Policies and Procedures
Inclusive Statement: The Marlborough Parks and Recreation Department is committed to providing quality leisure services for people of all abilities. We will comply fully with the spirit and intention of the ADA in making reasonable accommodations for all individuals. We encourage and support people with disabilities to fully participate in all programs offered by the department. Please contact Parks and Recreation for more information.
New Programs and Instructors: Have a great program idea or a desire to teach, earn money, and give back to the community? We continually seek to improve and grow our offering of programs and classes but need dedicated, enthusiastic instructors like you to make it happen.
“Know Before You Go:” Please call our office line for program announcements and updates at 860-295-6203, if a staff member is not in to answer your call, we will put information on the greeting message to keep you updated. Additionally, all important department and program information and announcements are always posted under the “Announcements & News” heading on our web page: http://marlboroughct.recdesk.com/recdeskportal/.
Snow Policy: In the event of snow or pending snow, our Program Cancellation / Inclement Weather Policy follows that of the Marlborough School System. If school has been canceled or has an early dismissal, then any program for the remainder of that day and night will be canceled as well. During a delayed opening there will be no programs prior to 1 hour after the school has opened. For example, if there is a 1 hour delay (meaning school will begin at 9:35am), no program would begin until 10:35am at the earliest. Therefore, a 10:00am program would be canceled and a 11:00am program would run. The Department also reserves the right to cancel programs due to weather regardless of the determination of the school system.
Beach Closing Policy Due to Rain: By Connecticut Health Regulations, public town beaches are closed for 24 hours after 1 or more inches of rain in a 24 hour period.
1. Residents may register in person, online, or by mail or fax. Fax registrations must include Master card or Visa number, expiration date, and signature. Phone registrations are not accepted for any programs. Payment must be made in full at the time of registration.
2. Online registration: You may register online for most programs. Go to http://www.marlboroughct.net / Parks & Recreation page, and then click on link for online registration.
3. Non-resident registrations are accepted two weeks following resident registration period.
4. If the session you wish to register for is filled, you will be placed on a waiting list and notified immediately when an opening occurs.
5. Children must be the proper age before the program begins.
6. Only those enrolled in the program may attend. Sorry, but “visitors/family” will not be permitted in the program unless specified.
7. Registration is accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and class sizes are limited. Programs will be canceled if registration does not meet the minimum.
8. A $10 non-resident fee is assessed for most Marlborough Parks and Recreation programs.
Insurance: All persons participating in Parks and Recreation programs should carry their own personal health insurance. The Town of Marlborough is not responsible for personal injuries. Participants in all Department-sponsored programs participate at their own risk.
Register Early: Do not wait until the last minute to register! Please keep in mind that most classes require a minimum registration and if that requirement is not fulfilled by a certain date, the program may be canceled.
Refunds are issued only in the following circumstances:
*If a program is cancelled by Parks & Recreation or request for a medical reason and with written notification from a doctor.
*If a program participants spot can be replaced with someone from a waiting list.
*No refunds once program has begun.
*All cancellations and changes are subject to a $15 fee.
*There is a $20 returned check fee.
*Bus Trips/ special events: Due to the nature and commitment of bus contracts, bus trips are non-refundable unless tickets can be resold.
Program Changes: The Parks and Recreation Department makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the program information found in this brochure. Changes in programming may occur, and we will attempt to keep information updated on our website. All programs, instructors, and locations are subject to change.
No News is Good News: We do not call or mail participants with program confirmations. We will only call you if you did not get into a class, or a class has been canceled due to minimum enrollment.
Photo Policy: Any photograph taken of any participants in a Marlborough Parks and Recreation Department program or activity may be used for publication or marketing purposes such as brochures and website content. Any participant, or parent of youth participant, who wishes to not have a photograph of them used must notify the department in writing of this.